Flying out of LAX is quite the process. We had an issue with my sister’s luggage being over weight but we were oddly prepared for that. Now we are just waiting to board our flight to JFK!
I am a really nervous and anxious flyer. I don’t like sitting in one confined space for too long. So I thought I would pass along some tips for long trips.
- Pack face cleansing towelettes. I know this may seem weird, but to me, having a clean face makes me feel like the rest of my body is clean and I can get that stale airplane feeling off my face
- For all you ladies out there, and let’s not be ashamed to talk about it, bring Summer’s Eve cleansing travel towelettes. Sitting in tight clothing for a long period of time can cause UTI’s and yeast infections, which is the last thing you want when you are traveling or about to go on vacation.
- Wear loose clothing. I know it’s tempting to throw on a pair of lulu lemon leggings, but joggers or sweats that have a little more breathing room will be a lot more comfy in the long run.
- For those of you who enjoy Spotify, create a playlist of songs you’ll like to listen to on the plane! Make sure to download them on WiFi to your phone so you can listen to them on the plane!
- Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate. You honestly can’t drink enough water, and don’t be ashamed about having to climb over people. Being dehydrated will make jet lag worse!
- Try to prevent your feet from getting swollen by taking a baby aspirin before your flight. I know compression socks are dorky, but if you swell up, I would recommend them because having swollen feet and ankles is not comfortable.
- Walking around is another way to prevent the build up of fluid in your lower extremities.
- Bring a change of clothing in your carry on so you can readjust to the weather once you arrive at your destination. There is nothing worse than having to go through customs either freezing cold or sweating buckets.
- Wear flip flops or sliders and bring socks. Trust me, it’s easier for everyone. It makes going through security easier, and getting up from your seat to use the bathroom easier as well. Plus, no one has to smell your sweaty airplane feet.
- Bring a good book, a comfy pillow, or a movie to keep you busy. I know I get ants in my pants when I’m on long flights, so it’s important to occupy yourself and make the time go by faster.
- Happy travels,